Monday 18 December 2017

Knit - Same Thing Only Different

That's what the pattern is called... Same Thing Only Different (ravelry link). I came across this pattern at Imagiknit, a yarn store in San Francisco, two years ago. I saw the wrap on a mannequin and fell in love with its simplicity. It's a basic stockinette wrap but seamed in such a way that it turns into an asymmetrical poncho/wrap combo. The store owner recommended I try Elizabeth Lavold's Hempathy, which is a cotton, hemp and viscose blend.



The yarn feels a little stiff on the fingers but it knits up to a lovely soft drape. The fabric feels quite cool and I think it's perfect for tropical weather. The pattern is really basic too, just stockinette all the way, so it's a really fantastic project to work on when sitting in front of the telly or when traveling.

I have two more balls to finish up. Although I started this project in 2015, I had frogged it halfway through and turned it into a crochet wrap. And then frog it again. But my second attempt at frogging wasn't entirely successful because I somehow managed to tangle quite a bit of the yarn into such a mess that I couldn't untangle it. So almost half a ball is unusable. That's okay though. The yarn is very drapey so it does elongate a bit and I think I have more than enough to finish the project.

Anyway, I can't wait to get this off my needles. I should have a finished object by January next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment