Thursday 14 December 2017

Crochet - Basket Case

I haven't picked up my needles, either knit or crochet ones, in a rather long time so I'm not sure what possessed me to suddenly dig out a 5mm crochet hook and some jute yarn to make small baskets. But now that I've made one (or two), I can't stop and I want to make more. I still have quite a bit of that brown yarn left.



I pretty much searched the internet for "crochet basket pattern" and came across a Simple Crochet Mini Basket. I followed most of the pattern except I made the sides a little taller than the shorter version and eliminated the handles. It's quite an easy pattern to follow and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.

Both baskets were made with jute yarn from Daiso. I wish I had bought more of the cream and grey colours because these yarns can sometimes be hard to find at different Daiso stores. Jute yarn is rather unpleasant to handle though. But it has a stiffness that makes it suitable for such household accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment