Thursday 15 December 2016

Colorful Falling Leaves Card

I tend to struggle with arranging different color combinations and thought I'd challenge myself with MFT Color Challenge #59.


These are not colors I tend to use often in my cardmaking although I really should. I didn't even have a dark green shade of cardstock or patterned paper or even washi tape. The only things I had in a dark green are paints and Copic markers. I could have left the darker green out but I wanted to challenge myself to use all 4 colors.


I actually saw a similar version of this card on Pinterest and took inspiration from it. But I think she used a different leaf die.


I colored a narrow strip on the side of the card with a Copic marker in Nile Green. It wasn't very even for some reason and I forgot alcohol markers tend to bleed through. So I had to cover up the other side of the card with the same bright green cardstock that I used for one of the leaves.


I'm very pleased with how the card turned out. I used MFT Falling Leaves die to cut out the shapes and in-lay the negative space with the multi-colored leaves. I also stamped on the sentiment from Hero Arts Many Messages.

I hope you like it and until the next time, take care and have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment