Friday 1 December 2017

Take 5 Art Journal Collaboration - Joy

I'm back with another fun #take5art collaboration with the lovely and talented bunch of ladies on YouTube. You can find links to their channels in the video description.

Our prompts for November were:
- tissue paper
- post it notes
- stencil
- stamping
- stickers

And yes, you read that correctly... we had to use post its or sticky notes in our journal. I don't use post its regularly and had to dig through a couple of drawers and found these flower shaped ones. I don't even remember getting it but I thought the shape would be a bit more interesting than the regular squares.


I also did something a little different with this page. I usually use a Moleskine sketchbook for my art journaling but that thing was getting quite chunky and hard to close although I've only used 10 pages. I've been meaning to use more layers and I knew my notebook wouldn't cut it. So I finally unearthed a Project Life 6x8 folder that I got in the US during a sale. I don't do Project Life and used the folder to house my art journal instead.

I like the 6x8 size too. And I love that I can do more layering without worrying about the notebook not closing. I will definitely experiment with more dimensional elements in the future. And oh, the post its were quite well disguised I think. In the end, the page turned out all right :-)

YouTube Channel: PlannerBug
Direct link to video: Take 5 Art Collaboration - Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment