Thursday 30 November 2017

Starry Gold Christmas Card

I'm really putting this deer die from a Maggie Holmes set through its paces this holiday season. I just love how interesting it looks on a card especially against an interesting background. I'm entering both the Simon Says Stamp challenges again (links below).




I achieved the background by sponging gold acrylic paint through a Tim Holtz stencil on a black cardstock. I think I have to do more of this because I love the effect of gold against a dark background. I also splattered a tiny bit of gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine.

The gold foam stars were cut out from the Simon Says Stamp Stacked Stars die. I layered a torn up bit from a doily and some twine on the back of the deer.

Challenges:

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I love the gold on black background! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think dark backgrounds are my new favourite :-)

      Delete
  2. Love so much this color palette, it's so elegant! Your card is fabulous!thanks for joining us this week on Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete