Monday 13 November 2017

Thank You Fall Butterfly Card

This card is for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with the theme "Thanks/Thanksgiving" and I'm oh so late with my submission (there's only 4 hours left as I type this).


Quite honestly, I was a little disappointed with how this card turned out. I'm happy enough with the background, the fall leaves embossed on the gold cardstock with very subtle shimmer is actually quite lovely. But something about that butterfly die bugs me. I think it's the feelers or antennae sticking out of its head. It's a funny shape. I love the delicate wing design though, and that's one of the reasons I got it but the feelers are really strange. I've tried snipping it off before but it looked even weirder. The die is by Concord and 9th and it comes with a gorgeous flower die as part of the Floral and Flutter set. I'm just not the biggest fan of the "flutter" bit.

Another thing I don't like is the sentiment. I wish I had stuck one of the Tim Holtz tiny word stickers instead. The font doesn't quite go together with the card. I will probably replace it after this.

So there you have it. Sometimes a project can be a tad bit underwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment