Sunday 12 November 2017

Noel Reindeer Postcards

This is probably my favourite holiday season project so far. I wanted to create a set of postcards and had some leftover music script patterned paper. Each postcard is backed with kraft paper to make it more solid. I'll be sending each without an envelope, so it needs to survive the distance.



I used a stitched postage stamp die to cut out the main base. There are 4 in the patterned paper and 4 in kraft. The reindeer head is from a Maggie Holmes Open Book set and the word "noel" was heat embossed with a glittery gold Nuvo embossing powder. The stamp is by Kelly Purkey. I also stamped some gold and copper words and patterns behind the reindeer and they are all from various Kelly Purkey Christmas stamp sets. Then I darkened the edges of everything with Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge.

I couldn't do anything too dimensional because it's supposed to be a postcard form so it needs to be as flat as possible. I also used very strong glue (Tombow Multi Liquid Glue) to adhere everything. I don't want to risk anything falling apart in the mail.

I can't wait to send these off!

No comments:

Post a Comment