Tuesday 20 June 2017

Beary Cute Embossed Cards

These cards are for both the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday challenges as the two are having similar themes, and that is embossed or textured cards. I love dry embossing, which is something I do quite frequently on my cards but I don't usually do much heat embossing because the powders tend to fly everywhere due to the overhead fan or air conditioning blowing my direction.

But I thought I'll do both today. I finally got my hands on the Waffle Flower Bear and Bird stamp set and did some "no line" watercoloring on the images. They turned out quite adorable.


The background was embossed with an embossing folder I got with a UK magazine. I used a bright pink cardstock, not a colour I would usually choose but it came in a multi pack of cardstock. It does look pretty cute when embossed. I also added some strips of washi tape before embossing to make it look a bit more interesting.



The vellum was cut out from a Sizzix die set (I honestly cannot remember what it's called) and the sentiments were embossed using a fine detail embossing powder.

Do you like embossing and which method do you prefer? Let me know in the comments below.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment