Tuesday 7 November 2017

Colourful Joy Christmas Card

I was feeling a little experimental and thought of creating my own Christmas patterned paper with Distress Oxide inks. I punched out a couple of snowflake and tree shapes and basically just used the negative space as stencils. I wanted a fun and colourful background so I pretty much used nearly every colour of the rainbow.


I also added subtle gold stencilled stars and irregular yellow splotches. The word "joy" and sentiment are from the Hero Arts Joy Stamp and Cut set that I got from JoAnn's when I visited the States in April. This card measures 3.5 x 4.75 inches, which seems to be my new favourite size. It's quite a bit smaller than the standard A2 card size.



I will continue to churn out more holiday themed cards until I start sending them out next week. This is by far my favourite season to make cards and tags :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment