Friday 25 November 2016

Celebrate Christmas Holly Handmade Card

I meant to participate in the MFT card challenges but I completely missed out on the last two. But Simon Says Stamp recently posted a new Wednesday Challenge, and that is to use Christmas themed dies and I have the perfect card to show for it.


This card is so much more sparkly in person. I love the holly die by Taylored Expressions but can't for the life of me locate in on inlinkz (supplies listed below) so I had to choose the nearest option, which is the embossing folder. The background die cuts out quite an intricate pattern. I adorned the "berry" bits with pink crystals from Daiso and stuck them down with glue. The light green cardstock is a bit shimmery and was purchased at a local stationery shop along with the glitter paper in the background.


The "celebrate" word is die-cut from Tim Holtz' Celebration Words die set. It is quite thin and tends to be a bit fiddly, especially if you're layering a few die-cuts on top of each other. I cut the word out from silver glitter foam and popped it up on top of a simple circle vellum piece.

Are you participating in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge too?

No comments:

Post a Comment